вторник, 24 ноября 2009 г.

TomTom support, Santa Barabara, продолжение

Начало: http://mihailsgaluska.blogspot.com/2009/11/tom-tom.html

TT:
Response (Marc M. (UK)) 12/11/2009 05.18 PM
Dear Mr Galuska,

Looking through the video we now see what you are referring too this error message normally only appears after the map has been completely downloaded and that obivously not the case here.

It looks as if you are using Windows 7. Did you update your current system with the new OS or was it pre installed? If you updated to Windows 7 without reinstalling your applications this could be causing the fault.

Can you please try uninstalling Home and then doing a fresh install please? Let me know if the error occurs again after doing this.

Marc


MG:
Customer (Mihails Galuska) 12/11/2009 06.58 PM
Guys, I'm using a fresh copy of Windows 7. This is not an upgrade. Following your advises I have reinstalled Home for ~10 times on this machine during the last month. So no point to do this the 11th time.

Moreover I've tried to update the map from 2 different Windows XP computers with equal negative outcome.

Let's try something else.
Customer (Mihails Galuska) 16/11/2009 01.16 PM
What is your suggestion to me in order to get the map?

TT:

Response (Marc M. (UK)) 16/11/2009 02.46 PM
Dear Mr Galuska,

We are currently still researching this error. We hope to have more info soon.

With Kind Regards

Marc M


MG:
Customer (Mihails Galuska) 16/11/2009 03.10 PM
please, keep me informed

Customer (Mihails Galuska) 16/11/2009 08.53 PM
Sirs,

Unfortunately, I see you are unable to solve my problem.
Let's have a deal then.

I would agree to miss Turkey (Western&central Europe + Russia) on my device if you provide me the rest immediately (instead of Western&central Europe + Russia + Turkey).

I've found that the full set of maps (except Turkey) is present on the map Western&Central Europe, size 2098 MB, v835.2419 (see the screenshot).

I will be satisfied to have this 2098 MB map (with no Turkey) instead of the original one I was initially entitled to (Europe 2GB russia, turkey).

Please provide it to me. I'll close my question once I have the map you see on the screenshot installed and working on my device.

Thank you.

Customer (Mihails Galuska) 19/11/2009 01.19 PM
Contacted your phone support.

The only advise I could get was to try the network with a speed bandwith of at least 2 Mbit/s.

I've connected my computer DIRECTLY to the Internet cable with no any proxy, firewall or antivirus in between.
The computer is connected with a cable (see the photoes).

It's a straight connection to the Internet with a speed over 20Mbit/s!!!!! (see the screenshots of a speedtest. Your colleague has advised me to use testmyspeed.com in order to test the speed.)

Is 20 Mbit/s enough for TomTom???

The result is absolutely the same and absolutely negative (see another screenshot with error message). Nothing has changed because of a flat network. The download stops in 1 second and results with a map file of only 4KB in size downloaded. Installation fails. No latest map.

Please provide me the map I am asking for! I will be satisfied to get another map instead (see New Picture.bmp). It covers everything my map would cover except Turkey, but that's OK for me.
И тут внезапно ТомТом суппорт решил, что инцидент исчерпан, отметили как Answered, запросили мой отзыв. Типа, "как Вам все понравилось, мы очень рады и довольны, заполните анкетку..."

MG:
Customer (Mihails Galuska) 23/11/2009 10.36 PM
Why did you mark this issue as answered?
I didn't get any resolution for it.

I did everything you asked me to do. No positive results, i.e. still can't get the map.

Still waiting for resolution!

Конечно, я уже давно потерял веру в Marc-a и его коллег. Взял, да и порешил все проблемы за один вечер. Помогли более знающие люди. Что удивительно, они никак не связанны с официальной поддержкой ТТ! Может подсказать Marc-у, где можно скачать работающие карты?








Комментариев нет: